Here I am completing yet another year in my short life. Looking back at 2015 I would call it an year of learning. These are some things I managed to learn.
I learned some important lessons about life. Here is the list.
- Personal health is of utmost importance. It is our own responsibility to maintain it in good shape
- Make decisions that prioritize happiness over everything else. Even if it involves making strange or unpopular decisions, do so
- Spending quality time with kids help them grow better. This is the best we can offer them
- Life is never fair all the time. Sometimes we don’t have answers to few situations we end up with. Attitude make all the difference in this case
- Got my long pending PMP certification in January
- Completed the 12 books target which I set at the start of the year
- Finished about 5 courses on Coursera including one Certificate course on Leadership that will complete early 2016
- Got membership with Lynda.com and completed about 10 sessions in Management and Leadership
- Worked on Agile Software Development education and practice. Planning to get PMI-ACP certified early 2016
- Got better with my German and working on my Spanish
- Got regular with my workout sessions, at least 3 times a week. 7 Minute workouts really work!
- Weekly cycling session clocking about 10-20 km each
- Received professional Hatha Yoga training, good enough to continue on my own
- Learned basic Tai Chi, planning to advance in 2016
Barring few personal problems 2015 was quite a productive year for me. I am hoping the same trend to continue in 2016.
Wishing you and your family a very happy holiday season and a great 2016.