In the age of speed dates and fast foods, we often forget the importance of kindness. The need really strikes us when we are a victim – when kindness is desperately expected.
But by making it a habit, we can give unconditional kindness to everyone around. I bet it will come back in the right form. Karma, you know!
Here are five simple ways to start.
- Spend an extra 10 minutes every day, to talk or listen to someone who needs you. It can be your spouse, child, family member or a friend
- Genuinely smile at 5 strangers every day. Don’t make it odd, just a gentle smile
- Perform simple acts of kindness whenever there is an opportunity – holding the door, helping with a heavy bag, getting coffee to a coworker etc
- Listen more than you talk. Every single time
- But product or service from small merchants whenever possible. Sometimes it may be the only sale they make in a whole day
Life is too short to spend egotistically. Embed kindness in your daily life and enjoy the beauty of it.