For the last few years, I have a practice of setting annual learning goals. It helps me with two things. First, to focus on specific skills to develop and second, provides an objective way to measure my achievements.
I also find it useful to order goals by priority and have quarterly targets. This way I can savour my achievements on a periodic basis and adjust goals if needed.
Here’s my list for 2020.
Quarter 1 – Jan-Mar
- Learn SRE basics and advanced topics
- Complete Google Cloud DevOps Engineer certification
- Complete my last quarter with Stanford LEAD certification
Quarter 2 – Apr-Jun
- Learn Kubernetes advanced topics
- Complete Kubernetes Admin certification
- Take TOGAF training and complete certification
Quarter 3 – Jul-Sep
- Learn other topics in Google Cloud
- Complete Google Cloud Solution Architect certification
- Learn IT Cybersecurity concepts (Coursera)
Quarter 4 – Oct-Dec
- Learn AWS cloud topics
- Complete AWS Solution Architect certification
- Take Create Leadership (IDEOU) course
I am curious to know about your learning goals for this year. Please share them as comments to this post. All the best to achieve great heights and a great 2020!