Simple Productivity Hacks
Everyone of us crave to be productive. Productivity has the power of making us feel happy while achieving great feats. I would attribute it as a primary ingredient to success.
Let me share with you some simple yet powerful hacks that can boost your productivity. I use them and hence can vouch for them.
I am sure most of us know what a LASER beam can achieve, that a normal stream of light cannot.
Focus can bring magnificent results if done the right way. There are only two simple rules:
- Focus on the right thing
- Focus in the right way
The right thing is subjective. As a rule of thumb, this thing should be a small piece in your big overall success plan.
The right way is a bit more objective. Make sure to get rid of all the clutter that can hamper your focus. A clear mind is essential to focus the right way.
Divide and Conquer
Procrastination and chickening out normally result when the mind feels the task is too huge to handle.
Human mind is an interesting machine. It is so powerful but can be easily tricked.
- Break down the huge task into manageable and measurable pieces
- Appreciate and praise the mind when it achieves these small steps
- After a point in time, it will be tricked to assume that the huge task is not huge anymore
This is another well kept secret to productivity.
Always try to squeeze in some time for yourself, however busy you may be. Here are some tips to find this time:
- Wake up an hour before everyone else in the house
- Excuse yourself for an evening
- Start with work an hour before everyone else
- Alternatively sleep an hour late
If you really want to do this, you will find a way.
Based on my experience, in solitude, the productivity levels go up potentially by 2 to 3 times.
Another factor detrimental to productivity is boredom.
Again we should attempt and trick our gullible mind. One of the ways to do it, is by introducing variety.
Never attempt to focus on the same things all the time (unless it is some kind of exam prep). Start doing various things you love and switch between these.
Believe me, your mind will love this technique and you can soon become an expert in many fields.
So to summarize…
- Focus on right things, the right way
- Divide and conquer the huge tasks, taking advantage of your gullible mind
- Secure some solitude in your otherwise busy life
- Keep your mind happy with some variety and it will do wonders
Image Credit: Flickr Creative Commons by Mark Hunter
Originally published at meetashwin.me on December 14, 2014.
Leave a Reply